Are you stuck with meeting frustration? It’s easy to get stuck in a rut with the way meetings are run.
We’ve all experienced bad meetings. If you’re stuck with meeting frustration, Patrick Lencioni provides some great tips on how to get your meetings back on track.
Listen to Patrick Lencioni discuss meeting management in his podcast: 6. Meetings and Movies | The Table Group
“The mark of a great meeting is not how short it is or whether it ends on time. The key is whether it ends with clarity and commitment from participants.” – Patrick Lencioni
Patrick’s Four Meeting Model is explained in more detail here.
Summary of the four meetings:
- Daily check-in – 5 – 10 minutes
- Tactical staff – 45 – 90 minutes
- Adhoc topical – 2 – 4 hours
- Quarterly off-site review – 1 – 2 days
Use these questions to help rate your meeting
- Did everyone get a chance to speak?
- Was everyone listening?
- Did everyone participate equally?
- Was there robust debate?
- Did you gain commitment? Who was the clarity seeker?
- Was it captured?
Read more about how to run successful meetings in Patrick Lencioni’s book, Death by Meeting.
Learn more about Patrick Lencioni’s Five Behaviors® methodology.